Thursday 3 April 2008

Love Blove Dove McNuv

Hey hey hey!





Its been a while but I honestly haven't had the time to write these bad boys but I have a spare bit of time before I crack on with my essay!





Since my last blog I have bought a rabbit called Hiliary and she is the little light of my life. haha! I will post a picture and maybe you'll understand why. I am going to become one of the crazy people who love their pets too much but hey! All she does is eat and run around not very exciting, except the other day I thought I could trust her in the room on her own whilst I slept but nope she ran into my face just before I feel asleep sooo that isn't happen again. As I write she is smelling everything. As these blogs progress in years to come I might one day end up writing about a baby and hopefully the baby is a little more exciting that a rabbit. Who knows?!





Anyways, lets get on because I have given myself til half past to write this and its now 13:16 sooo lets go.

To be honest I wasn't going to write one today I was going to wait to the weekend but I was on Facebook (what else would I have been doing?!) and wishing someone a happy birthday. On this person page was the daily bible verse application. I have it too but mine never changes so I might change mine to the same as this persons. Anyway! This person has so much "rubbish" on their page so it takes four days to scroll to the bottom to find their wall, but I did come across this bible verse.

..:::.. Proverbs 19:22 ..:::..
What a man desires is an unfailing love

Last night at our youth group we were talking about Love and what it means. In the society we live in today the word is used so easily, and sadly so is the word hate. We say we love our families but we also we love that song. We say we love our boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband but we also so we love this tv show. We say we love our God but we also say we love chocolate. When we say love what do we mean? It is obvious when we say we love chocolate we don't mean we would die for a piece of chocolate or we would go to the ends of the earth for the last rolo, of course not! We merely mean that we do enjoy a good bit of cadburys dairy milk!

I think what proverbs is saying is true for everyone! Secular songs today are all about love, I mean all you need to do is listening to the first 3 songs of James Blunt's album! (To be honest I don't like James Blunt and don't have his album but I am going by what he has released). As a human race we are made to be loved, we are made to love others and we are made to love our God. The word that strikes me there is the word unfailing.

1 Corinthians 13: 8
Love never fails.

So no matter what happens true love never fails. I think it is hard to understand that if we think about everything!!! It NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER fails. Then question begs are we as human capable of true love? The act of salvation is unfailing love. If we understand the salvation then I think we have the capability to understand love. I am not saying that those who aren't christians don't understand love and can't experience love. I think as a Christian that you have a better understanding on love.

Love never fails means that nothing can stop it. God's love for us means that nothing can stop it. Nothing! Not one single act! Not a collection of acts! I don't know but that just amazes me!
As christians we are bombarded with Jesus loves you and God loves you but sometime we don't take in exactly what this means!

Paul says in Corinthians if we have all prophecy, tongues and faith but not love we are nothing. He explains that we should have faith, hope and love but the greatest needs to be love. How can we be a Christian without loving the people around us? This is one I struggle with because there are people that I don't like and Jesus is calling me to love our enemies! Meaning that we should love them like we love our friends. That is a challenge and one that I am still trying to achieve not very well but trying. It is easy to love people we care about but Jesus calls us to love those who as Peter from Family Guy says grind our gears.

The bible is quite specific to what love is and here is a list which I have taken from 1 corinthians 13

  • patient
  • Kind
  • does not envy
  • does not boast
  • is not proud
  • not rude
  • is not self seeking
  • not easily angered
  • keeps no records of wrongs
  • Love does not delight in Evil but rejoices in the truth
  • always protects
  • always trust
  • Never fails

These qualities is exactly how God thinks about us. Amazing.

I can't wait to meet that person in which I can show these qualities to but for now I want to show these to the people in my life already. This includes people who I struggle with which is such a convinction. I challenge you to do the same. To love God means we have to love others.

Jesus gave us a new command in John 13:34

Love one another as I have loved you

That is the challenge for you. Love each other as Jesus loves you and the world will be transformed.

If Christians loved as Jesus lived the world would be turned upside down. (Tearfund)

Til next time!

Hollin


2 comments:

Tom Wade said...

thank you x

Levi_grafted_in said...

hey hollin:-) i enjoyed this very much- spot on. good to see u blogging-
matt